[Corebotanyfaculty] Yearly Procurement Notices

Stephen Prendergast stephen.prendergast at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:05:11 PST 2023

PROCUREMENT REMINDERS

[cid:image001.png at 01D92CDD.5F4DA960]<https://plantbiology.ucr.edu/>

Please review the following reminders regarding purchasing procedures within the department.

All orders MUST be submitted through eBuy, our online purchasing system. Orders submitted via email will not be accepted. You may access eBuy by logging into R'Space at http://rspace.ucr.edu<http://rspace.ucr.edu/> and selecting "eBuy - UCR Purchasing System" in the Authorized Applications section. If you are new to using eBuy, please contact me for additional guidance.

Turnaround Time

  *   Please allow 48-72 hours turnaround for your order to be processed once it has been submitted to the transactor via eBuy.

Publication Fees

  *   We can process article publication fees via purchase order or procurement (credit) card. Once a publication is approved the publication company will ask for a form of payment; this does not mean it needs to be paid immediately. After confirming the form of payment an invoice will be generated within 1-3 business days, I will need this information. If we are paying with a PO, accounting processes the payments and they can only issue payment once they receive an invoice, it is essential you forward this to me right away.

  *   Publication payment requests should still be submitted through eBuy.

Invoice Payment Request

  *   A purchase order must be established prior to requesting goods or services from any vendor or independent contractor. Failure to establish a purchase order can result in having to complete an unauthorized purchase form thoroughly detailing why a purchase order was not requested and what steps will be taken to avoid this in the future. This form is a campus policy that would need to be signed by the requestor and the department financial approver.

Rush orders will not be processed without appropriate justification

  *   Requesting orders to be processed right away without being an emergency infringes upon labs who have followed the appropriate steps to ensure their research is not interrupted.

     *   PO numbers will NOT be given over the phone if a user does not obtain a purchase order before going to a store (i.e. Fruit Growers Supply) to pick up supplies.
     *   This DOES NOT INCLUDE orders from Eton Scientific, Retrogen, Fruit Growers Laboratory, Ohio State or NASC.

CONTACT

For any procurement questions or concerns please contact Stephen Prendergast (Stephen.prendergast at ucr.edu)

Monday through Friday                        8:00AM- 12:00PM   &   1:00PM- 5:00PM

Stephen Prendergast
Administrative Assistant
Botany and Plant Sciences | University of California, Riverside
Batchelor Hall 2138
[cid:image001.png at 01D92CDD.5F4DA960]
On Campus Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Remote Work: Wednesday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm