[Corebotanyfaculty] Good news

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 13 15:07:49 PDT 2023

Hi All,
I am delighted to share the news that Sean Cutler is being recommended by CNAS for appointment to the Jane S. Johnson Chair in Food and Agriculture.  Sean was nominated for this endowed chair by the BPSC awards committee in response to an open call for nominations.  A department vote is required, which I hope we can take before our next faculty meeting.  A link to the ballot is here:  https://forms.gle/yTAdq85GeR75SrVQ7
If you think we should have a faculty meeting to discuss, please let me know.

The Johnson Chair was established in 1997 by William and Sue Johnson, with the gift of ~330 acres of property near Temecula. It was originally designated a Chair in Molecular Plant Pathology and the first chair holder was Noel Keen.  In 2005, the Chair was renamed the Jane S. Johnson Chair in Plant Sciences, and in 2015, it was renamed as the Jane S. Johnson Chair in Food and Agriculture.  The most recent chair holder was Norm Ellstrand.

Congratulations to Sean on this wonderful recognition of his scholarship!

Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu