[Corebotanyfaculty] Fwd: [Bpsfaculty] Support letter

Bpschair bpschair at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:28:09 PST 2022

Hi everyone,
I’m pasting the revised version of the statement in support of graduate students, postdocs, and academic researchers, which we discussed in faculty meeting yesterday.  You can also view it at this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k4Krffpj3g3PdFVZ6VAM-RZrB2CPIkIGmtdNwBiRP14/edit?usp=sharing>.   Please add your name to the google doc if you want it to be included, or send me an email and I’ll add your name.  A prompt response is appreciated.

I would like to send this to the department tomorrow around noon.  I will also send it to the Dean and Provost.

Thanks, patty

Faculty in the Botany and Plant Sciences Department at UCR stand in solidarity with the graduate students, postdocs, and academic researchers to increase their salaries and benefits to a level that meets today’s living and housing costs in California. These employees are foundational to our department’s research and teaching mission. We strongly object to the current socioeconomic inequalities they face, which undermine the public mission of the University of California. A fair contract for academic employees is a step towards addressing these inequities.

 As a department, we will not penalize academic employees for engaging in this strike, nor will we endorse any disciplinary measures directed at strike participants. We will keep channels of communication open with all academic employees regardless of their involvement with or participation in the strike.

Begin forwarded message: