[Corebotanyfaculty] Riverside County Science and Engineering Fair Engagement Opportunity

Loralee Larios loralee at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 25 11:14:24 PST 2022

Hi All,

The Riverside County of Education (RCOE) is looking for a faculty volunteer
to sit on their Scientific Review Committee (SRC) for the Riverside County
Science and Engineering Fair.

If you are interested, please let me know and I can share information about
the Riverside County Science Fair and put you in contact with RCOE
representatives.

Below are details from RCOE on the position:
If willing to serve, we will get setting you up for the 22-23 school year.
The IRB process is supported by Dr. Gupta, our Medical Research Scientist
and Dr. Keremane, our SRC Chair.

We are changing the way we conduct our business such that we will be
together during 2 virtual meetings, and our Chair might call on you to
review documentation in between or ask content specific questions that our
students pose. All of this would be via email.

In terms of hours of work, 3 hours for mtg 1, 6 hours for mtg 2 and perhaps
about 6 - 10 hours in between these meetings for a maximum, not to exceed
20 hours during the academic research cycle.

Another note is that all those serving in the SRC/IRB are not able to serve
as judges at our regional fair, RCSEF (riverside county science and
engineering fair).

Best,
Loralee

Loralee Larios
Assistant Professor
Botany & Plant Sciences
University of California
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers (what's this?
<https://www.glsen.org/activity/pronouns-guide-glsen>)
https://llarios12.wixsite.com/lariosecology
UCR occupies the ancestral lands of the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and
Serrano peoples and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on
these homelands.