[CNASEMC] [eeoball] Fw: Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test on October 4th

Jon T Allen jon.allen at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 2 13:00:54 PDT 2023

I got this from my wife as an alert to her from her company.  I thought it important to pass on.

Jon Allen

Supervisor | Biology Lab Prep (EEOB)

1229 Spieth Hall

Ph: (951) 827-3830  Fax:  (951)827-4286

https://emn.ucr.edu/people/biology-labprep-contacts

[cid:11aa273a-adc5-4c17-8342-123e64493753]

________________________________

[image.png]

Dear Colleagues,

Purpose of this communication is to make you aware that on Wednesday, October 4th, at 2:20 pm Eastern Time, The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will be testing their national emergency alert systems. At this time, an emergency "TEST" alert will be broadcasted to cell phones, televisions and radios and is anticipated to last a full minute.

The phone message will read: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed." A message will also be sent in Spanish to phones where the main menu is set to Spanish.

The TV and radio message will say: "This is a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, covering the United States from 14:20 to 14:50 hours ET. This is only a test. No action is required by the public."

Please be mindful of the timing of this test when planning your work, calls or meetings this week, where it may interfere with or disrupt communications.

Thank you and have a safe day.

--
Thank you,

Erin G Allen (she/her)
Engineering Technical Writer/Editor
Veolia NA - Municipal Operations
Stringfellow Hazardous Waste Site, Riverside CA
erin.allen at veolia.com<mailto:erin.allen at veolia.com>