[CNASEMC] [eeoball] Fw: UCR: Sustainable Lab Solutions & Resources

Tara L Pastucha tara.pastucha at ucr.edu
Fri May 19 15:53:24 PDT 2023

________________________________
From: Vanessa Apkenas <vanessa.apkenas at thermofisher.com>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2023 9:24 AM
To: scientificpurchasing at ucr.edu <scientificpurchasing at ucr.edu>
Subject: UCR: Sustainable Lab Solutions & Resources

Hi Purchasing Team,

In case you weren’t able to attend our Sustainable Lab Table Event last month – please see the following resources available to all UCR labs:

Sustainable lab solutions:

  *   You can now filter your product searches for sustainable products that are a part of our Greener Choice Program<https://www.fishersci.com/us/en/scientific-products/special-offers-and-programs/greener-choice-program.html> - just look for the green leaf!
  *   Our Fisher pipette tip recycling program can be found here<https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/01000999/01000999>. Includes 5 boxes per order with prepaid UPS shipping labels.
  *   Our TerraCycling program for tips, tubes, masks, gloves, 3D printing materials, and more can be found here<https://www.fishersci.com/us/en/programs/sustainability-program/terracycle-zero-waste-box-platform.html>. Includes bins and prepaid shipping labels.
  *   The Corning recycling program is available for Corning product packaging. Simply collect your Corning product packaging in a tightly packed box, then fill out the online form and they will send you a shipping label to ship the product back to their recycling service provider. Sign up here<https://www.corning.com/catalog/cls/documents/brochures/CLS-CFALH-365.pdf>.
  *   Kimberly Clark’s RightCycle glove recycling program (for their gloves only) can be found here<https://www.fishersci.com/us/en/scientific-products/selection-guides/kimberly-clark-professional-rightcycle.html>.
  *   SW Sustainability Solutions biodegradable nitrile gloves are now available and priced even lower than most other gloves – their most popular nitrile glove can be found here<https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/tf-050-095-rb-trueform-everyday-nitrile-gloves/17441024#?keyword=trueform>.
  *   Eppendorf now manufactures biobased tubes made from recycled second generation feedstock- in this case, it is derived solely from waste and residue streams (i.e., from vegetable oil production and used cooking oil). Check them out here<https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/biobased-conical-tubes-4/p-7225998>.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to participate – I will be glad to help you get started. We have a solution for most challenges, and even one change makes a significant difference!

Best regards,

Vanessa Apkenas, M.S.
Sales Representative – UCLA
Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific
4500 Turnberry Drive, Suite A | Hanover Park, IL 60133
Mobile: (213) 220-4250 | Customer Service: +1 (800) 766-7000

vanessa.apkenas at thermofisher.com | www.fishersci.com[https://tfs-5.my.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?oid=00D24000000Zon0&esid=0187T00000C7r03&from=ext]