[Chemistry_faculty] FW: competition

Matthew Conley matthew.conley at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 16 11:00:37 PST 2024

I'm having a hard time seeing a population that would benefit from paying
$36k/year for a MACS degree. We give an arguably more valuable MS/MA degree
to students that do not matriculate through our PhD program at near-zero
cost to the student. This is just a revenue generator at a significant cost
to the student.