[Ccbseeds] Fwd: Apply today for our SEEDS Field Trip co-hosted by the Black Ecologist Section!

Caryn Iwanaga caryn.iwanaga at email.ucr.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:13:52 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ESA-SEEDS <seeds at esa.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 2:07 PM
Subject: Apply today for our SEEDS Field Trip co-hosted by the Black
Ecologist Section!
To: <ciwan001 at ucr.edu>

SEEDS Field Trip, National SEEDS BioBlitz and Chapter Updates!
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4NA/index.html>
The Black Ecologist Section of ESA is co-hosting a SEEDS National Field
Trip!
[image: Description of News Story Image]

*On September 21-24, 2023, the SEEDS program and the Black Ecologist
Section
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4NQ/index.html>
of Ecological Society of America are co-hosting a hands-on experience in
urban ecology in the fourth largest city in the United States: Houston,
Texas!*

This field trip will explore how the urban ecology of cities differs across
socioeconomic status and the potential consequences of environmental
injustice. Selected undergraduate students will have the unique opportunity
to learn cutting-edge methods in urban ecology while also receiving
mentorship and career development by working with Black ecologists who are
experts in the field. Situated in the heart of Houston, the host
institution will be Rice University.

*Eligibility*

To be eligible, undergraduate students must be enrolled in
college/university within the United States at the time of travel.
Preference is given to Freshmen, Sophomores and other students that have
NOT had prior opportunity to engage in ecology research or field
experience. Students from underrepresented minority groups are strongly
encouraged to apply.

Learn more
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4Ng/index.html>

*SEEDS Chapter Announcements: *
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4Nw/index.html>
2023 SEEDS Chapter National BioBlitz competition!

Join us in celebrating Earth Month with the annual National SEEDS BioBlitz
Competition
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4Nw/index.html>!
>From April 17-21, we invite SEEDS Chapters to observe and record as many
observations of local flora and fauna as possible. The SEEDS Chapter with
the most observations will win! Register your chapter now to participate
and have a chance at claiming the prize. Visit our website
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4Nw/index.html>
to learn more and sign up today! Once the BioBlitz is over, let's come
together and celebrate our achievements at the SEEDS Chapter Earth Month
Celebration
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4OA/index.html>
on April 25th.

Reactivate your SEEDS Chapter TODAY!

Is your SEEDS Chapter currently inactive? Would you like to reactivate it?
Check the status on our SEEDS Chapter Map
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM4OQ/index.html>.
If your Chapter is listed as "*Inactive*", all you need to do is submit a
report and roster
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM5MA/index.html>
to get it up and running again. If your Chapter is listed as "*Historical*”,
simply submit a new chapter application
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM5MQ/index.html>
for a fresh start.

*Reactivating your SEEDS Chapter is a great way to get involved in SEEDS
activities and make a positive impact on your local community by promoting
ecological science.*

[image: SEEDS on Facebook]
<http://esa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yNzA3NjcxJnA9MSZ1PTUyMzcwNDAzOSZsaT0yODYwOTM5Mg/index.html>
[image: SEEDS on Twitter]