[Ccb_gsr_listserv] Yard needed for field experiment!

Stephanie Piper spipe001 at ucr.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:00:23 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Hoping summer field work and vacations alike are going well for everyone!

I am a student in Darrel Jenerette's lab and one chapter of my dissertation
focuses on soil emissions of nitrogen in the city of Riverside and how
irrigation and fertilizer affects these.

I am looking for xeriscape yards (specifically 3 with decomposed granite,
and 1-2 with mulch)  where I can measure emissions from for ~72 hours
during August of 2021. I will need to place 8 soil collars and run machines
for that time (these will require power, or a generator which I would need
to refill with gas through the experiment). This setup requires ~3x3 meters
and space for automatic chambers, so a backyard (or front yard where
machines can stay in back) is ideal.

The chambers are pretty fun to watch and could be a great learning
experience for kids! Set up and take down will be quick and I can work
around your schedule as needed.

Email Stephanie Piper (spipe001 at ucr.edu) if you are willing to help or have
any questions!

Thanks,