[Ccb_gsr_listserv] FW: Student scholarships to attend Cal-IPC Invasive Species Symposium

Debbie Brown debbie.brown at ucr.edu
Fri Aug 13 09:27:54 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kate Barrows <kate.cnb at verizon.net<mailto:kate.cnb at verizon.net>>
Date: Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 7:14 AM
Subject: Student scholarships to attend Cal-IPC Invasive Species Symposium
To: williams at csusb.edu<mailto:williams at csusb.edu> <williams at csusb.edu<mailto:williams at csusb.edu>>, debbie.brown at ucr.edu<mailto:debbie.brown at ucr.edu> <debbie.brown at ucr.edu<mailto:debbie.brown at ucr.edu>>, tonya.huff at rcc.edu<mailto:tonya.huff at rcc.edu> <tonya.huff at rcc.edu<mailto:tonya.huff at rcc.edu>>, virginia.white at rcc.edu<mailto:virginia.white at rcc.edu> <virginia.white at rcc.edu<mailto:virginia.white at rcc.edu>>, tim_krantz at redlands.edu<mailto:tim_krantz at redlands.edu> <tim_krantz at redlands.edu<mailto:tim_krantz at redlands.edu>>
Cc: montalvo at ucr.edu<mailto:montalvo at ucr.edu> <montalvo at ucr.edu<mailto:montalvo at ucr.edu>>, rsbcnps at gmail.com<mailto:rsbcnps at gmail.com> <rsbcnps at gmail.com<mailto:rsbcnps at gmail.com>>

Good morning

The Riverside-San Bernardino Chapter of the California Native Plant Society is offering two scholarships for students to attend the California Invasive Plant Council online Symposium, October 26-29. Interested students are asked to submit a 50 word or less description of how they will apply information from the conference to the preservation of our native plant heritage in the Riverside-San Bernardino chapter boundaries. Responses must be received by August 15, 2021. They can be submitted to me at kate.cnb at verizon.net<mailto:kate.cnb at verizon.net>.

Please circulate this notice to any interested students.

thanks

Katie Barrows
RSB CNPS

CNPS wants to send 2 to 4 members
[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/template_images/gallery/bg_watercolor_top.png]
[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/template_images/gallery/bg_watercolor_left.png]
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6/images/58cf7e9a-1b8b-40fd-949e-0fa15e7e466f.jpg]

Riverside-San Bernardino Chapter
California Native Plant Society

We want to send up to 4 members (including 2 students!) to the California Invasive Plant Council Online Symposium
October 26-29, 2021

One of the key partners that CNPS collaborates with is the California Invasive Plant Council (Cal-IPC). Cal-IPC’s mission is to protect California’s lands and waters from ecologically-damaging invasive plants through science, education and policy.

Our RSB CNPS Chapter would like to send up to four of our members, including two students, to the online Cal-IPC Symposium this fall. Each year, the Cal-IPC Symposium brings together land managers, restoration volunteers, students, and researchers to share the latest information on invasive plant biology and management.  This year’s symposium, Expanding Community to Protect Biodiversity, is online, October 26-29, 2021, featuring session talks, discussion groups, and posters covering a wide range of topics. At the online symposium, you’ll be able to safely connect with community members from across the state – and around the world – to get the latest updates on effective tools, relevant research, and strategic management approaches.

If you are selected, we will cover the $125 registration cost. If you're interested in receiving one of these scholarships, please reply to this email with a fifty word or less description of how you will apply this information to the preservation of our native plant heritage inside our chapter boundaries. All responses must be received by midnight, August 15th, 2021. A panel of Board members will announce their final decision shortly thereafter.

You can learn more about the Cal-IPC Symposium at this link:
https://www.cal-ipc.org/resources/symposium/register/<https://cnps.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6&id=c18d3a01fe&e=273cf33aff>
[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/template_images/gallery/bg_watercolor_right.png]
Copyright © CNPS-RSB 2017   All rights reserved.

Visit our website:
riverside-sanbernardino.cnps.org<http://riverside-sanbernardino.cnps.org>
and facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaNativePlantSocietyRiversideSanBernardino/

Contact: rsbcnps at gmail.com<mailto:rsbcnps at gmail.com>

This email was sent to kate.cnb at verizon.net<mailto:kate.cnb at verizon.net>
why did I get this?<https://cnps.us15.list-manage.com/about?u=4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6&id=01df2a66c2&e=273cf33aff&c=f0427091a1>    unsubscribe from this list<https://cnps.us15.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6&id=01df2a66c2&e=273cf33aff&c=f0427091a1>    update subscription preferences<https://cnps.us15.list-manage.com/profile?u=4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6&id=01df2a66c2&e=273cf33aff&c=f0427091a1>
CNPS - Riverside/San Bernardino chapter · 53298 Avenida Montezuma · La Quinta, CA 92253-3404 · USA

[Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=4dfc34c7bc1e7e3b50f0286f6&afl=1>

--
Arlee Montalvo
Associate