[Ccb_gsr_listserv] UCR Ecology Group Seminar Series - Mentoring and DEI

Darrel Jenerette darrel.jenerette at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 9 11:39:58 PDT 2020

Greetings all, I hope the start of the Fall Quarter is treating you as well
as possible.

We are kicking off the UCR Ecology group again this quarter with a focus on
mentoring and DEI. We will meet Tuesdays 4-5pm every other week.

We have a schedule coming together.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18-Lm8aOg4kyYZNw_9QNlcJG5Mc2JuAGuUeK3WojgN7U/edit

Please sign up to lead! I think this will be more informative if each week
we have a faculty and a trainee together leading individual meetings. Feel
free to pair up outside your immediate lab / focal area.

We will use the HHMI Entering Mentoring seminar
https://www.hhmi.org/sites/default/files/Educational%20Materials/Lab%20Management/entering_mentoring.pdf
as a framework for discussions. We will ensure each meeting addresses DEI
goals and how mentoring can improve DEI in ecology. One meeting will focus
entirely on DEI action items we can take individually and as a group of UCR
ecologists.

Announcements will be sent primarily through the ecology group googlegroup.
Please email Marko Spasojevic (marko.spasojevic at ucr.edu) to get enrolled.

Looking forward to discussions and improving the learning environment at
UCR!

Darrel

--

G. Darrel Jenerette
Director, Center for Conservation Biology