[Ccb_gsr_listserv] FW: Job opening with TNC: Island Scientist

Debbie Brown debbie.brown at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 19 12:59:24 PST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Randall <jrandall at tnc.org<mailto:jrandall at tnc.org>>
Good morning;

The Nature Conservancy has a position opening for an Island Scientist and we are looking for excellent candidates.  Below is a brief profile of the position.  You can see the full job description and apply online with CV/resume and cover letter here<https://careers.nature.org/psp/tnccareers/APPLICANT/APPL/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=49144&PostingSeq=1>.

All the best,
John Randall

Island Scientist
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, our teams create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together.

The California Chapter is searching for an Island Scientist to work with Conservancy colleagues and partners to conserve the islands of the Californias, including the eight California Channel Islands, and the Pacific Islands of Mexico’s state of Baja California.  The Island Scientist will be a member of our Santa Cruz Island Preserve project team and will contribute to our Island Resilience Strategy as well.  The Island Scientist will focus on the terrestrial biota of the islands of the Californias, with a concentration on terrestrial vertebrates and invertebrates.  The Island Scientist contributes to and leads development of climate-change-adapted conservation planning documents, applied research projects, and implementation of conservation management strategies on Santa Cruz Island and across the islands of the Californias archipelago. The Island Scientist coordinates and advances the Santa Cruz Island Project’s applied research agenda and facilitates field work and logistical support for research, monitoring and conservation management. The Island Scientist independently identifies conservation challenges and applies the scientific approach to help address them. The Island Scientist strategically and effectively communicates –through publication and oral presentation –the science to inform conservation in islands and island habitats in California and to export select, high priority conservation strategies and practices to islands elsewhere.
This video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voygGSQ1ZW0> provides an aerial tour of the Preserve.

The preferred location for this position is in Ventura, California.

If you have questions about this position, please contact The Nature Conservancy in California’s Talent Manager, Amber Mello at amber.mello at tnc.org<mailto:amber.mello at tnc.org> or connect on LinkedIn. See full job posting and apply with CV/resume and cover letter here<https://careers.nature.org/psp/tnccareers/APPLICANT/APPL/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=49144&PostingSeq=1> (careers.nature.org<http://careers.nature.org> Job # 49144)

Deadline: December 9, 2020 8:59 pm PST.

--

Erin Wilson Rankin, Associate Professor

Department of Entomology