[Ccb_gsr_listserv] FW: Hiring permanent tech & post-doc

Debbie Brown debbie.brown at ucr.edu
Sun Dec 6 12:24:13 PST 2020

Begin Forwarded Message:

Announcing two positions to be hired here at USDA-ARS in Burns, OR:

1. A permanent technician (GS-9) position working with me on various plant community ecology / restoration projects, mostly in the Northern Great Basin. There's a bit of flexibility in that job, for example, the technician could get involved in writing manuscripts or side projects with other scientists, though that's not required. A posting will be up on USA Jobs later this month or early January. Someone with an MS or BS/BA with a fair bit of relevant experience would be a good fit.

2. A group of scientists here at ARS are looking at hiring a 2-3 year post-doc (GS-11). The post-doc would be working with some combination of myself, Jon Bates, Chad Boyd, Dustin Johnson (Oregon State), and perhaps collaborators. There are several existing datasets that could be leveraged, depending on the post-doc's research interests. Potential research areas include sagebrush plant community/production dynamics, fire, and carbon modeling, with a primary focus on Great Basin rangelands. We're accepting applications on a rolling basis, and could be somewhat flexible about start date depending on the situation. See the attached announcement.

Feel free to put people in touch with me if they want more details!

Thank you,
Stella Copeland
Ecologist
Office: 541-573-8915
USDA-Agricultural Research Service
Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center
Burns, Oregon