[Ccb_faculty] Env Justice-Related Short Film and Filmmaker Q+A Event, Thurs 6/10

Darrel Jenerette darrel.jenerette at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 9 12:44:49 PDT 2021

Forwarded:

Hello everyone-

Thanks to Dr. Marilyn Fogel (CNAS Equity Advisor), we're excited to
announce that we have obtained institutional streaming rights to the film
"No Place to Grow" (trailer here
<http://www.noplacetogrow.com/about-the-film>) and that we will be hosting
a question and answer event with the filmmaker Michelle Aguilar
<http://www.smallpumpkin.com/about> this Thursday at 11:30am. The film is
environmental justice related and is a narrative about gentrification and
its impacts on a group of Latinx farmers in Santa Cruz, CA.

Event flyer attached, please share widely within your networks!

Registration link for streaming film (30 min runtime):
https://forms.gle/M9jZa1jTqfgLoDn86

Zoom link for Thursday 6/10 11:30am-12:30p Q+A Event:
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/94193585779?pwd=UGNZY3Y5bmQzSHIrNkZwQ3FkaWhlZz09

Sincerely,
UCR Environmental Sciences Graduate Student Association

--

G. Darrel Jenerette
Director, Center for Conservation Biology