[Ccb_faculty] FW: Yard needed for field experiment!

Debbie Brown debbie.brown at ucr.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:13:20 PDT 2021

Begin forwarded message:
Hi everyone,
Hoping summer field work and vacations alike are going well for everyone!

I am a student in Darrel Jenerette's lab and one chapter of my dissertation focuses on soil emissions of nitrogen in the city of Riverside and how irrigation and fertilizer affects these.
I am looking for xeriscape yards (specifically 3 with decomposed granite, and 1-2 with mulch)  where I can measure emissions from for ~72 hours during August of 2021. I will need to place 8 soil collars and run machines for that time (these will require power, or a generator which I would need to refill with gas through the experiment). This setup requires ~3x3 meters and space for automatic chambers, so a backyard (or front yard where machines can stay in back) is ideal.

The chambers are pretty fun to watch and could be a great learning experience for kids! Set up and take down will be quick and I can work around your schedule as needed.
Email Stephanie Piper (spipe001 at ucr.edu<mailto:spipe001 at ucr.edu>) if you are willing to help or have any questions!

Thanks,
Stephanie Piper