[CaTEACH-SMI] Chancellor's Research Fellowship (CRF)

Leslie Bushong leslie.bushong at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 18 07:28:40 PST 2012

Dear UCR Undergraduate Students:

It is with utmost pride and enthusiasm that we launch the Chancellor's Research Fellowship (CRF) competition to support undergraduate student engagement in faculty mentored research and creative activity projects. This new program is designed to encourage the development of faculty mentored research and creative activity among our undergraduate student population.

Several awards up to $5,000 will be granted to undergraduate students in spring quarter 2012, for use beginning in July 2012 through June 2013. Those who are selected will be acknowledged as a Chancellor's Research Fellow and will be expected to present their research or creative activity at the UCR Symposium for Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity scheduled for the first week in May 2013. We would like to encourage the application of UC Riverside undergraduate students with sophomore or junior standing and a minimum GPA of 3.0. Funding can cover supplies and expenses related to conducting a research or a creative activity project. A portion of the funds can be awarded directly to students as a stipend, although all financial aid regulations will apply to the distribution. The application deadline is Friday, April 13, 2012. Additional details regarding the application process are posted at ugr.ucr.edu<http://www.ugr.ucr.edu/>.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at ugr at ucr.edu<mailto:ugr at ucr.edu?Subject=CRF%20Question:> with a subject line containing the acronym "CRF." We look forward to reviewing a robust set of innovative proposals.

Sincerely,
Timothy P. White
Chancellor

Steven G. Brint