[CaTEACH-SMI] California Mathematics Council Conferences

Leslie Bushong leslie.bushong at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 1 11:04:52 PDT 2010

<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CaliforniaMathCounci/dae1739ebd/861197c56f/2af26b2d
06>

The BEST Mathematics Conferences In The World!

That's what participants from all 50 states and many countries around the
world often tell us and we agree! For over 50 years CMC has been proud to
bring you the best mathematics conferences anywhere. Now is the time to
check out the offerings and to get the discounted early-registration rates.
Click on http://www.cmc-math.org/activities/main.html
for complete details. You'll find complete searchable programs and
registration forms there.

Palm Springs, November 5-6

. Equity in Mathematics: Access, Achievement, Identity & Power," the theme
for our 51st conference, actively engages preK-16 mathematics educators in
the urgent need to close learning gaps.

. Learn more about what the future holds for mathematics learners and
teachers; attend sessions on the new Common Core State Mathematics Standards
(CCSS); hear from local experts who provided leadership to this statewide
work.

. Over 280 sessions presented by experts from Southern California and around
the country. Exciting, informative sessions include those by Scott Farrand,
Heather Callahan, Brian Shay (and other members of the CA Academic Content
Standards Commission), Phil Daro (author of the CCSS), David Schwartz, Carl
Lager, Dan Brutlag, Marcy Cook, Brad Fulton, Tom Reardon, Jerry Cummins, Ron
Larson, Kyndall Brown, Ed Burger, Andrea Guillame, Linda Gojak, Ruth
Harbin-Miles, Gail Burrill, and many, many others!

Asilomar, Pacific Grove, Monterey County, December 3-5

. Keynote and featured speakers include Lucy West, Jo Boaler, David
Schwartz, Phil Daro, Steve Leinwand, Dan Meyer, Scott Farrand, Linda Gojak
and Marcy Cook.
. Topics include common core standards, content coaching, EL strategies, and
differentiation.
. The Friday Mini-Conference is offered once again but you must pre-register
for it. There will be no on-site registration for the mini-conference. Space
is limited.
. New: We're very excited to offer an Ignite Session sponsored by Key
Curriculum Press. What is Ignite? This fast-paced, fun, thought-provoking,
high-energy series of 5-minute talks with 20 self-advancing slides by people
with the guts to get onstage and talk about something they are passionate
about!
. On-grounds housing has been reduced to $250 this year (2 nights and 6
meals).

STEM Symposium, Fresno, February 25-26

. Save the dates for the new STEM Symposium (Science, Technology,
Engineering, and Mathematics) from CMC Central. The more intimate setting,
like our recent Algrebra Symposiums, makes for great professional
development!

We NEED each other!

The volunteers of CMC believe we offer invaluable services to our fellow
educators. And we know we NEED YOU!! These are times of crucial educational
decisions and, like all non-profits in this tough economy, we are in great
need. Please check your CMC member Expiration: 1/1/11. If you register for
one of the above conferences, you will be renewed. Otherwise, if it expires
on or before December 1 please renew now at
http://www.cmc-math.org/members/membership.html. Your member number is
19041. We need you to keep us a strong voice in Sacramento!

Thank you.

  _____

We strive to keep these messages to one per month, for crucial
communications. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply
to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line Unsubscribe
<http://cts.vresp.com/u?dae1739ebd/861197c56f/mlpftw>

  _____

California Math Council
California Mathematics Council