[CaTEACH-SMI] Deadline Reminder-- 12/31/06 Rockefeller Brothers Fund Fellowships

Leslie Bushong leslie.bushong at ucr.edu
Wed Dec 13 12:57:20 PST 2006

REMINDER....
UC Riverside
Graduate School of Education

A Special Invitation To Students of Color Planning to Enter the
Teaching Profession
Who are juniors in 2006-2007

Rockefeller Brothers Fund Fellowships
for
Aspiring Teachers of Color
Awards Up to $22,100

Deadline: December 31, 2006

The Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF) annually awards up to 25
Fellowships to students of color entering the teaching profession.
Outstanding undergraduate juniors majoring in the arts and sciences
who wish to pursue teaching credentials and master's degrees and to
teach in public elementary or secondary schools in the U.S. are
invited to apply Fellows receive up to $22,100 over a five-year
period that begins after their junior year and ends when they have
completed three years of public school teaching.

UC Riverside is one of only 27 universities in the U.S. participating
in the RBF program.  We can nominate up to three candidates to
represent our campus, and it is common for 1-3 UCR students to be
selected for awards each year.

Please contact Dr. Yolanda Venegas or Patricia Gill regarding any
questions you may have regarding the application process.
For application process and requirements, visit
http://www.rbf.org/programs/howapply.html.

Patricia Gill
Title III Project Coordinator
University of California, Riverside
Graduate School of Education
1212 Sproul Hall
Riverside, CA 92521-0128
PHONE: (951) 827-3753
FAX: (951) 827-3942
EMAIL: patricia.gill at ucr.edu

Dr. Yolanda Venegas, RBF Campus Liaison
Title III Project - Language And Learning Institute, Project Director
And Supervisor of Teacher Education Multiple Subjects/BCLAD
University of California, Riverside
Graduate School of Education
1124 Sproul Hall
Riverside, CA 92521-0128
PHONE: (951) 827-5489 or
(951) 827-3753
FAX: (951) 827-3942
EMAIL: yolanda.venegas at ucr.edu

Leslie Bushong
Staff Director
California Teach-Science/Mathematics Initiative (CaTEACH-SMI)
1104 Pierce Hall
University of California, Riverside
voice: (951) 827-4970
fax: (951) 827-4971