[CARE-Office] Events for Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April!

care-office at lists.ucr.edu care-office at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 7 16:41:29 PDT 2021

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D72BC7.5E562870]

Join us for our events during April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month.  This month, through our events and social media, we're honoring the legacy of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color in the past and present who have shaped the anti-sexual violence movement. View our calendar attached! Event links are also all available at linktr.ee/ucrcare.

Decolonizing Self-Defense Part I and II: Self-Defense & Self Love and Community, Self-Defense & Collective Healing
Thursday April 8th and 15th both from 2 -3:30 pm
Register at: https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrc-qrqjstHNKab8PRZQvewMO__G4gCgyw

We are entitled to live boldly and freely without fear. This two part series empowers individuals to explore self defense's connection to the mind, body, and spirit and learn ways to respond to dangerous situations without judgment and victim-blaming.

Untold Histories: Honoring the Legacy of BIPOC Anti-Sexual Violence Activists  (flyer attached)
Tuesday, April 13 at 4 pm
Register at: https://ucr-edu-hipaa.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJElceGvrj8vHNCr7B8T00bR6-7iBZNL9nLM
The intersecting stories of anti-sexual violence activism and the fight against Black oppression have largely been untold. Wanda Swan-- national award winning survivor advocate, published scholar, and anti-oppression coach-will highlight the history of BIPOC anti-violence activists and abolitionists who have shaped today's anti-sexual violence movement. In partnership with WRC & ASP. *The first 20 folks who register with their UCR email and attend will receive a CARE Consent Tshirt AND we're raffling giveaways to attendees at the event!
Story Hour with Scotty: A Live Children's Book Reading
Friday, April 16th at 4-4:45 pm
Event link (no pre-registration required): https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92855304702

A Live reading of children's books celebrating boundaries and self-confidence.  Join us with the kids in your life!  In partnership with WRC and R'Kids.

Cross Stitch with CARE: Take Time to Heal
Friday, April 30 from 2-3 pm
Link provided after RSVP Confirmation
Interested in learning a new self-care activity?  CARE will mail a CARE-inspired pattern and cross stitch materials and host a workshop tutorial. Keep posted on CARE's social media when we open up registration for this event soon!
Learn more about CARE: Web <https://care.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UCRCARE/> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrcare/?hl=en>.  For UCR COVID-19 updates and resources available to students during this time, visit here<https://ehs.ucr.edu/coronavirus>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D643C0.3969B8A0]