[CAFÉ] Fwd: FFAR Sneak Peek: Climate-Resilient Crops RFA

Deborah Pagliaccia deborahp at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 8 11:57:45 PDT 2020

Funding opportunity

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research <
communications at foundationfar.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:01 AM
Subject: FFAR Sneak Peek: Climate-Resilient Crops RFA
To: <deborahp at ucr.edu>

Funding Research on Increasing Heat Tolerance in Crops
The Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001QW7wGuwYLo7i5ObtrX9LrCv2GvNDUpMIp3Kpv0M4Q0HTQ0rEbXMCLaX6sK7PMP6a7BcCj-bHJrpWvu37TQKSlDpuAEBhjijaqm5jb4r1LTn54qS1wgysNLX6x8WxlyQCQdMavbl7u99yqwA2Rszckg==&c=gAVhtNmjhf3Ra3zke0bbuGyx0HZ4CJ6qKjaJFVzxjIHDWjqdjKBVZw==&ch=-Vq2i1WBghhD-byfswNZCYCmoxQNKkKjI9oTeyWXaedEPPU7NN1Hzw==>
(FFAR)
will be accepting applications for the new Improving Climate Resilience in
Crops program starting September 16, 2020. We are launching this grant
opportunity through our Next Generation Crops
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001QW7wGuwYLo7i5ObtrX9LrCv2GvNDUpMIp3Kpv0M4Q0HTQ0rEbXMCLQFKBnMNt6QLZfkoWt0bR-kTHA3xSWgGC-MZlYcKzrqlnGj3hawVEuZgrK9HXTzgAsF0U7WHYzxCG04QL9Pb_EuejJH8f1v_BnIpcSiUeQJuy5Avb5MxZhzGfpqTIatECz9pW171W5W6st8bI_J3Xk8=&c=gAVhtNmjhf3Ra3zke0bbuGyx0HZ4CJ6qKjaJFVzxjIHDWjqdjKBVZw==&ch=-Vq2i1WBghhD-byfswNZCYCmoxQNKkKjI9oTeyWXaedEPPU7NN1Hzw==>
Challenge Area to increase a crop’s tolerance for higher temperatures.

We seek applications that increase the basal or acquired thermotolerance of
crop plants, allowing them to better survive when exposed to high
temperatures. This funding opportunity is focusing on solutions that can be
applied to one or more of the following crops: maize, rice, sorghum,
millet, wheat, sweet potato, cassava, banana, yam, common bean, cowpea,
chickpea and groundnut. We will also consider research in other plants, if
applicants adequately describe how the proposed research would be
transferable to the preferred crops. Solutions that only apply to
agricultural systems in high-income countries or involve domestication of
new crops will not be considered.

Matching funds for this grant were provided by the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation.

Full application criteria and eligibility requirements will be available on
our Open Opportunities
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001QW7wGuwYLo7i5ObtrX9LrCv2GvNDUpMIp3Kpv0M4Q0HTQ0rEbXMCLcS26mUBcDXgXk2eed6ORMLkDWjdLrPgcPTPDYsIIb94Y3In5JxcSMQWvjWeMWPxhSANjqW9Wm6HcLqLCaA00A9YnCpxuNb4meGjK3s1uQvjX7pfOEwqsMtIm_Os_WvreA==&c=gAVhtNmjhf3Ra3zke0bbuGyx0HZ4CJ6qKjaJFVzxjIHDWjqdjKBVZw==&ch=-Vq2i1WBghhD-byfswNZCYCmoxQNKkKjI9oTeyWXaedEPPU7NN1Hzw==>
webpage
on September 16, 2020.
Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research | 401 9th St NW, Suite
630, WASHINGTON,
DC 20004
Unsubscribe deborahp at ucr.edu
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0017laEKo3COd65clBTM9iPoA%3D&ch=19687032-3eb6-11ea-8cfb-d4ae52754aa9&ca=a8d4d292-6bdf-4ef6-b199-7b83269f033d>
Update Profile
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=0017laEKo3COd65clBTM9iPoA%3D&ch=19687032-3eb6-11ea-8cfb-d4ae52754aa9&ca=a8d4d292-6bdf-4ef6-b199-7b83269f033d>
| About our service provider
<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider?cc=about-service-provider>
Sent by communications at foundationfar.org powered by
[image: Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>
Try email marketing for free today!
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>

--
Deborah Pagliaccia, Ph.D.
Professional Researcher, Department of  Microbiology and Plant Pathology

California Citrus Nursery Society <http://ccns.info/> CCNS Executive
Director