[Bpsfaculty] News and request for your consideration

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 29 15:08:53 PDT 2023

Dear IIGB Community,

I am delighted to introduce Ms. Bernadette Gilbert as our new Financial Operations Manager. She is based in room 4119B and is already familiarizing herself with the operations and needs of our institute. Bernadette will soon be fully equipped to assist you with any financial matters, including grants and budgeting once she gains access to the system. Please come by and welcome her if you have a chance.

With this introduction, I would like to make a request to the occupants of the Genomic Building. As you may be aware, our institute, IIGB, is facing some challenges due to the aging infrastructure and the increasing costs associated with maintaining shared equipment, such as the autoclaves. While our budget remains constant, the expenses for upkeep are on the rise.

Therefore, I kindly request that you consider including IIGB in your grant proposals, especially if Ms. Bernadette is managing your grant. Your support will play a crucial role in ensuring the continued maintenance of our building and shared equipment.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I truly appreciate your consideration and support as we work together to maintain the excellence of our facilities. Wishing you all a productive and successful Fall quarter.

Be powerful.

Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155