[Bpsfaculty] Please, please nominate your students - We can provide multiple awards this year

Mariella J Valdivia mariella.valdivia at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 18 11:35:23 PDT 2023

Dear BPSC faculty and BPSC-cooperating Faculty:

If you have a high achieving graduate student who is enrolled in the Plant Biology Graduate Program, I would like to encourage you to nominate your student or students for the 2023 graduate student awards. You should have received the email today about the application process and the award descriptions.

Students can be nominated for multiple awards (if they meet the qualifications) and you can nominate multiple PLBL students from your lab. The awards are:

1.    The WW Thomson Graduate Student Achievement Award in Honor of Bill Thomson.

2.    The 30th Annual Graduate Student Achievement Award.

3.    Second Annual Graduate Student Inclusivity Award.
Due to the sizable endowments associated with the first two awards, this year we will be able to award two the WW Thomson Graduate Student Achievement Awards and two the 30th Annual Graduate Student Achievement Awards, if two qualified students can be identified.

The nominations are 1-page letters that are appended to a short on-line form. You should have received email announcing the awards from Patty. Nominations are due May 1, 2023.

Students from a variety of labs have received these awards in past years. I am providing you with an excel file with our previous awardees.

Please do acknowledge our student achievements.

Sincerely,

Linda (Chair of BPSC Awards Committee)