[Bpsfaculty] News

Paul Nabity pauln at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 17 11:39:24 PDT 2023

Dear Patty and Colleagues,
  Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. This was a complex
decision. Please know I have enjoyed my time here at UCR and value the
support I received over the past 6 years. Similar to how Patty described my
place in-between our research areas within the department, I am moving into
a position in the School of Biosciences, but that is supported by three
other Schools (Agriculture & Food, Ecosystem & Forest Sciences, and
Veterinary Science) as I develop a program in Biosecurity. This is an
exciting opportunity for me and my family. Should you find yourself
down-under, it would be great to catch up.
best wishes,
Paul

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 8:33 AM Bpschair <bpschair at ucr.edu> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Paul Nabity will be departing UCR for a faculty position at the University
> of Melbourne, starting sometime in the fall. Paul has been a valued
> colleague in the department and we will miss him very much.  Paul’s
> research addresses plant-insect interactions at genomic and ecological
> levels, and he has been an important “bridge” between different research
> areas in the department. Paul has also been a very important contributor to
> our teaching program, teaching both Foundations of Plant Biology and our
> capstone course.   Paul’s wife, Nicole Rafferty (EEOB), has also accepted a
> faculty position at the University of Melbourne.
>
> Please join me in congratulating Paul and Nicole as they move on to new
> adventures in Australia.  I wish them the best of luck.
>
> Patty
>
> Patricia Springer
> Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
> University of California
> Riverside, CA  92521
>
> pspringer at ucr.edu
> bpschair at ucr.edu
> 951-827-4413 (Chair's office)
> 951-827-5785 (Faculty office)
> http://plantbiology.ucr.edu

-- Dr. Paul D. Nabity,
Assistant Professor of Plant-Insect Ecology
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
4114/4128 Batchelor Hall office/lab
University of California, Riverside
http://www.nabitylab.org