[Bphystudent] Are you graduating this Spring, 2024? Please read this important information.

Marlene Garcia marlene.garcia at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 27 09:06:47 PST 2024

Dear BPHY Students,

Informative Email:

If you are graduating this Spring 2024, please read the information below (if you are not, please disregard this email or you can read over it to learn this information for future reference).

  *   If you receive a DCFA award, please know that the Grad Division office will incorporate this into your funding chart: Unless you receive the award in the summer, you must be enrolled in 12 units for Spring 2024. Email me if you have questions about enrollment.

  *   Additional information if applicable: Filing Fee (Deadline: March 1st) if you are not taking additional courses this Spring 2024. Also, please know that if you are applying for the filing fee, you will not be enrolling in any courses (0 units) and will not be an employee as a GSR or TA.

  *   If you are Graduating this Spring, 2024, and are continuing to be an employee, please know that you need to be enrolled in 12 units; please email me if you need assistance with enrollment or are applying for a filing fee. Filing Fee information: Regulations and Procedures | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/regulations-and-procedures#filing-fee-status>.

  *   Reviewing your Degree Audit to ensure all courses are completed is recommended. You can access your Degree Audit via R'web. Please ensure all seminars are showing correctly for every quarter you have been in the program.

For MS students, please know that the deadline for applying for candidacy is April 1st.

The graduation application deadline for the MS and Ph.D. programs is April 8th via R'Web.

Important links: Format review deadline 5/31/2024 and final submission before 6/14/2024.
PhD Advancement Procedures: Petitions and Forms | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/petitions-and-forms#phd-advancement-and-graduation>
MS Advancement Procedures: Petitions and Forms | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/petitions-and-forms#masters-advancement-and-gradua>

Dissertation/Thesis submission Deadlines: Graduation Procedures | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/graduation-procedures>
Dissertation/Thesis submission steps: Dissertation and Thesis Submission | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/dissertation-and-thesis-submission>

Defense announcement: https://ucrbsgsac.wufoo.com/forms/rfm7fss1mh5dw2/
Petitions to be completed after defense is completed: Dissertation and Thesis Submission | Graduate Division (ucr.edu)<https://graduate.ucr.edu/dissertation-and-thesis-submission#7-submit-the-signature-approva>

All requirements must be completed before 6/14/2024.

If you are an international student and have questions about NRT and advancement, please email me as soon as possible so we can book an appointment.

Best,

Marlene Garcia, M.A
Student Services Advisor
CNAS Graduate Student Affairs Center