[Botanystaff] FW: News

April M Meinzer april.meinzer at ucr.edu
Thu Dec 21 16:14:25 PST 2023

Hi everyone,  I write to share the news that Jaimie Van Norman has accepted a faculty position at UCLA, starting July 1, 2024.  This is a great opportunity for Jaimie, but an enormous loss for us.  Jaimie is an exceptional colleague who has made tremendous contributions to the department.  She has developed an outstanding research program, made excellent contributions to undergraduate and graduate education in the classroom, and been a great mentor to undergraduate and graduate students.  Jaimie has also provided remarkable service to the department, including spearheading all kinds of social activities in her leadership on the Faculty Engagement committee, Faculty Advisor to the Corteva Symposium graduate student committee, and numerous other contributions.  She will be greatly missed.

Please join me in congratulating Jaimie and wishing her well when she moves west to UCLA.

I am sorry to end the year by delivering this sad news.  Happy holidays everyone.

Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521

bpschair at ucr.edu<mailto:bpschair at ucr.edu>
951-827-4413 (Chair's office)