[Botanystaff] FW: News

April Meinzer april.meinzer at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 17 09:29:36 PDT 2023

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Bpschair <bpschair at ucr.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2023 8:04 AM
To: bpsfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Cc: April Meinzer <april.meinzer at ucr.edu>; Maria A Sedillo <maria.sedillo at ucr.edu>; Agdean <agdean at ucr.edu>
Subject: News

Dear colleagues,

Paul Nabity will be departing UCR for a faculty position at the University of Melbourne, starting sometime in the fall. Paul has been a valued colleague in the department and we will miss him very much.  Paul’s research addresses plant-insect interactions at genomic and ecological levels, and he has been an important “bridge” between different research areas in the department. Paul has also been a very important contributor to our teaching program, teaching both Foundations of Plant Biology and our capstone course.   Paul’s wife, Nicole Rafferty (EEOB), has also accepted a faculty position at the University of Melbourne.

Please join me in congratulating Paul and Nicole as they move on to new adventures in Australia.  I wish them the best of luck.

Patty

Patricia Springer
Professor and Chair, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences University of California Riverside, CA  92521

pspringer at ucr.edu
bpschair at ucr.edu
951-827-4413 (Chair's office)
951-827-5785 (Faculty office)