[Botanystaff] Welcome to our new CNAS Divisional Deans

April Meinzer april.meinzer at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 15 15:18:05 PDT 2021

Dear CNAS Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the appointment of two new divisional deans for the college:  Katherine A. Borkovich, Divisional Dean of Life Sciences and Isgouhi Kaloshian, Divisional Dean of Agricultural and Natural Resources.

Dr. Borkovich succeeds Frances Sladek, Professor of Cell Biology and Toxicologist, and Dr. Kaloshian succeeds Timothy Paine, Distinguished Professor of Entomology. I am incredibly grateful for Drs. Sladek and Paine's dedication, service, and contributions to the CNAS community during their service as divisional deans.

Official announcements of Drs. Borkovich<https://cnas.ucr.edu/news/2021/07/15/katherine-borkovich-named-cnas-divisional-dean-life-sciences> and Kaloshian's<https://cnas.ucr.edu/news/2021/07/15/isgouhi-kaloshian-named-cnas-divisional-dean-agricultural-natural-resources> appointments are on the CNAS website. Please do read their announcements; both have served the campus and the science communities with distinction throughout the years.

Their commitment to UCR is especially noteworthy during the pandemic. As many of you know, Drs. Borkovich and Kaloshian led the effort to create the COVID-19 testing facility at UCR. Campus leaders credit the continued drop in positive cases in part due to the COVID-19 diagnostic lab and the regular testing of students. As we prepare for our return to campus, the testing lab will continue to be instrumental in keeping the campus community safe.

I am looking forward to the leadership and innovation that Kathy and Isgouhi will bring as CNAS divisional deans!

Dr. Kathryn Uhrich
Dean, College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences
Professor, Chemistry
Fellow of ACS, AIMBE, CRS and NAI
University of California, Riverside
Office: (951) 827-3101  |  Email: cnasdean at ucr.edu<mailto:cnasdean at ucr.edu>

Executive Assistant: Rachel Alvarez  |  Office: (951) 827-4597  |  rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu<mailto:rachel.alvarez at ucr.edu>
Web<http://cnas.ucr.edu/> I  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UCRCNAS> I  Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrcnas> I   YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/UCRCNAS> I  Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrcnas>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7798A.8F303D30]