[Botanystaff] Building Water Fountains

April Meinzer april.meinzer at ucr.edu
Thu Aug 20 08:45:16 PDT 2020

Good Morning,

As many of you are aware, our water fountains were recently placed inactive and the following message was placed on Rspace:

In accordance with the recent state guidelines for higher education, beginning this week, all 255 traditional drinking fountains on the main campus will be unavailable for public use. Facilities Services (FS) and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) are partnering to bag all fountains and will place out of order signs on each location.

https://facilities.ucr.edu/news/2020/08/18/facilities-services-campus-water-fountain-guidance

We were given no notice this was to happen and understand our building occupants need access to water.  In turn, while we find a solution we are to be placing a water cooler in the mail room for your use.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.  Thank you.

[cid:a8a562ec-8e81-4833-bf0c-b05bcb750de9]

April Meinzer, FAO

Botany & Plant Sciences Dept.

951-827-3938

april.meinzer at ucr.edu