[Botanygraduatestudents] BPSC 240 S24 - Plant Resilience to Climate Change

Caroline Benitez caroline.benitez at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 22 14:19:24 PDT 2024

BPSC Colleagues,
I am leading a BPSC 240 seminar course this spring. I'm going with the topic of Plant Resilience to Climate Change. I hope this is of broad interest to students across the department.

As a brief overview, we'll explore theories of resilience and how they are operationalized across plant biology. We'll read and discuss case studies from cellular to global scales that include model, agricultural, and natural systems. We'll work to end with a future looking view of this research area for both advancing theory and creating societal benefits.

Please forward to any student who may be interested.

Thanks
Darrel

--
G. Darrel Jenerette
Director, Center for Conservation Biology