[Biomed_students_phd] Student/Trainee Lightning Talks -- 5th Annual Ultimate Biomed Retreat

Angelina Lam Angelina.Lam at medsch.ucr.edu
Sun Oct 2 19:01:49 PDT 2022

​Open spots still available!

Hello Students and Trainees!

We invite you to present at the 5th Annual Ultimate Biomed Retreat (UBR) on October 7, 2022, 9:00am-5:00pm @ Genomics Auditorium. This is a great opportunity to share and celebrate your research in a low-stakes environment. The lightning talk format will be a 5-minute presentation (guideline: 1 min/slide) on a topic of your choice. 5 speakers will present, followed by a 15 min group Q&A. Feel free to be creative, whether it's sharing an aspect of your research project, future plans, an overview of your lab's research, etc!

The 5th Annual Ultimate Biomed Retreat is an annual forum that will engage the diversity of individuals, perspectives and expertise in activities focused on enrichment, evaluation, and creative exploration of synergies. We will use this platform to feature and celebrate our achievements and progress, foster community amongst all in the Division and its administered programs. The retreat will provide a safe interactive forum for team building, introspection, wellness, research, and professional development.

One of the goals for our Division and grad program events is to foster professional development for students. These events give insights into networking, mentoring, or other professional development resources specifically applicable to students. It can open up the opportunity to share in the skills, knowledge, and experience of your fellow cohorts and lab communities. You’ll have the ability to learn practical applications that add to your initial training and share in activities that open the door to an exploration of synergies, collaboration, networking, and mentorship opportunities amongst cohorts, as noted above. Program events are a great opportunity to pull together our research communities as we learn more about our studies, research, communities, and open up opportunities for more community-engaged research partnerships.

I highly encourage presenting, especially as we start off the academic year and conference season. Please share this opportunity with your peers, RAs, undergraduates, post-docs and other lab personnel!

Use this form to sign up.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScV7z77r3LpQXEfCTazudP8Ek71L0a1oHBA-bLPP_wHkLiDXw/viewform> Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/ms84c5Tst8Z8gwO0Nw37-YkAlmIcLHaukcft04arKpGy04LhAXqOVaMxkhg_hk41v-p06woeRI_RNdiHkZJ0yiyynlvNzA54uU7bX-kmJL-Nnxq9_0qMJ7yEPE2-=s0-d-e1-ft#https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/CP/Graphic.php?IM=IM_2gFriwaRUgl3VHM]

Best,
Angelina Lam

--
Angelina Lam (she/hers<https://out.ucr.edu/pronouns-matter>)
I'm sending this email at a time convenient to me, please respond at a time convenient for you.