[Biomed_students_phd] AFIM Cancer Research Symposium

Erica Garcia Silva egarc088 at ucr.edu
Sun Aug 28 12:04:02 PDT 2022

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Erica Garcia Silva and I am
the secretary of UCR's chapter of A Friend in Me (AFIM). AFIM is dedicated
to providing a sense of normalcy to pediatric cancer patients. We
accomplish our goal by planning community and social service events, such
as our canned food drive, annual patient prom, and our monthly penpal
system with Loma Linda Hospital.

AFIM is organizing our annual Cancer Research Symposium. Our members will
have the opportunity to present their research based on different types of
pediatric cancer to their peers and UCR faculty and staff. I was reaching
out today in hopes that you could help us spread word about the event.

We're hoping to make this both a networking event for our students by
inviting faculty and a way to gain new members by showing current UCR
students what we're all about. We were hoping you could help us expand our
reach by sending an email to students and faculty you are affiliated with
or in any other way you'd prefer.

The symposium will take place on September 22, 2022 from 6:00 to 8:30 pm at
the Student Success Center in Multipurpose Room 1. Please let us know if
you can help. I am attaching our symposium flyer to this email. Thank you
for your time and consideration, and we look forward to hearing from you.

--
Erica Garcia Silva
Biology Major | University of California Riverside