[Biomed_postdocs] Announcement: Covid Community Chat Event

Pica Preston Pica.Preston at medsch.ucr.edu
Fri Apr 7 15:13:25 PDT 2023

Sent on behalf of Dr. Meera Nair, BMSC Faculty

Greetings all,

We are delighted to invite you to attend our upcoming COVID-19 CommunityChat on Saturday April 15, 2023 from 9am-3pm. This event will bring together scientists and physicians to discuss with you the latest investigations on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The goal of the "Covid-19 Community Chat" event is to provide a platform for the community to learn and discuss the impacts of COVID-19 in Riverside from various perspectives, including community, medical, scientific, and public policy. It is crucial to share the results of ongoing research and to listen to feedback from the community to better understand their experiences and how COVID-19 has impacted them. This community-based approach fosters a collaborative effort to tackle the ongoing challenges presented by the pandemic.

We hope to provide an open platform for informative and insightful discussions and help us better understand the impact of COVID-19 on you and the members of our community.  This event will cover a range of topics, including the latest findings of our scientific research, public health policy, and community response to the pandemic.

As a token of our appreciation, we will be providing breakfast and lunch, on us, to all attendees.

The community chat will be held at UC Riverside's Multidisciplinary Research Building.<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ucr.us21.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a85ca858e15457b968fea3f1c&id=572ac9f544&e=d068e981da__;!!OLyWHuc!X3pZ5FHobvGyJmPiOsX58MsOQRYyYgaktPjOBjZGq7U50bzI7hZ4-uQqxLNll64zyy3ima369wcwX6GjAfk6FHc$> Space is limited to the first 100 attendees.  RSVP here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ucr.us21.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a85ca858e15457b968fea3f1c&id=19885e4549&e=d068e981da__;!!OLyWHuc!X3pZ5FHobvGyJmPiOsX58MsOQRYyYgaktPjOBjZGq7U50bzI7hZ4-uQqxLNll64zyy3ima369wcwX6GjuAPkqhs$> to confirm your attendance.  We will also have free parking available on site at Lot 24 to facilitate your visit to our campus. Don't forget to participate in our raffles for a chance to win some exciting prizes!

Please find the tentative agenda attached to this email, along with details on the keynote speakers and other presenters. In addition, if you would like to submit an abstract to present at our poster presentation session, please upload your abstract at the bottom of the registration page. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our event and making it a memorable experience for you!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sumaya Troy Alaama at salaa001 at ucr.edu<mailto:salaa001 at ucr.edu> and Meera Nair at meera.nair at medsch.ucr.edu<mailto:meera.nair at medsch.ucr.edu>

Thank you.

All the best,
Pica
Pica Preston
BMSC Project Manager
University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Division of Biomedical Sciences
pica.preston at medsch.ucr.edu<mailto:pica.preston at medsch.ucr.edu> - (951) 827-6087
https://biomed.ucr.edu/
medschool.ucr.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.medschool.ucr.edu_&d=DwMFAg&c=LsLxleeqPm1pgCNn-PN_bQ&r=bphrOvrbM-MQuiouJ6IbJI4slBQwJm5B3QC1qfPMqsA&m=jc0Z-hl2HzBmab-0kgNVrUhPLkfJ2FfUzFm-1zpw4Jm2MCLe6UVG2oxBPwmooErg&s=HhDlUVQyrKg5B_plMZpbWEjsXX0GKYAAqaOETbEMhIM&e=>
[New biomed logo-UCRCMPWLA2205MD]
Hybrid work schedule as of January 2022: Available in-person on campus Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM. I will be available remotely on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00AM-4:30PM.