[Biomed_grad_faculty] Hosting BioSOM Event in February

Charly Acevedo Charly.Acevedo at medsch.ucr.edu
Mon Jan 8 12:08:03 PST 2024

Subject: Request for Hosting BioSOM Event in February

Dear Esteemed Biomedical Sciences Faculty,

I trust this message finds you in good health and high spirits. As members of the BioMed GSA, we extend a warm welcome to you, acknowledging your valued presence within our academic community. We are reaching out with an exciting opportunity and are eager to inquire about your willingness to host our upcoming BioSOM event in February.

The Happy BioSOM initiative endeavors to cultivate a collaborative environment, providing a platform for researchers, faculty members, and students to come together and unwind.

We kindly request your consideration in hosting the forthcoming BioSOM event in February. Your involvement would be immensely appreciated, and we are flexible in accommodating your preferred date and time. Recognizing the demands on your schedule, we are committed to working around your availability.

To ensure the convenience of our participants, we propose scheduling the event after 6:00 PM. This timing allows for the completion of laboratory work, facilitating a higher turnout. The relaxed evening atmosphere is conducive to open conversations and meaningful networking opportunities.

Your gracious role as a host would significantly contribute to the success of this event, enriching discussions and enhancing the overall experience for all participants.

Kindly inform us of your availability and preferences, and we will make the necessary arrangements to ensure a seamless and enjoyable event for everyone. Feel free to reach out to Sakina or myself to initiate the arrangement process.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions or wish to discuss further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Charly Acevedo & Sakina Tayabally

Sakina Tayabally (She/Her)
Ph.D. Student | The Kaul Lab
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
staya003 at ucr.edu | staya003 at medsch.ucr.edu

Charly Acevedo Pronouns(He/Him/His/She)
Ph.D. Student
Dr. Declan McCole Laboratory
School of Medicine Graduate Student Representative|
BMSC Social Chair
University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Division of Biomedical Sciences
cacev029 at ucr.edu | cacev029 at medsch.ucr.edu