[Biomed_grad_faculty] Welcome to Happy BioSOM! Seeking Host for September Event

Charly Acevedo Charly.Acevedo at medsch.ucr.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:35:24 PDT 2023

Dear Biomedical Sciences Faculty,

We hope this message finds you well. On behalf of the BioMed GSA, we extend a warm welcome to you as a valued member of our academic family. We are excited to kickstart our upcoming BioSOM event in September and we are reaching out to seek a gracious host for this gathering.

The Happy BioSOM initiative aims to foster a collaborative environment where fellow researchers, faculty members, and students can come together and relax.

We are kindly asking if anyone would be willing to host the upcoming BioSOM event in September. Your contribution would be highly appreciated, and we are more than willing to accommodate your preferred date and time. We understand the demands of your schedule and are committed to working around your availability.

Considering the convenience of our participants, we suggest scheduling the event for a time after 6:00 PM. This will ensure that laboratory work for the day is complete, and a larger number of attendees can join us. The relaxed evening atmosphere will encourage open conversations and fruitful networking opportunities.

Your gracious involvement as a host would greatly contribute to the success of this event, and we believe that your insights would enrich the discussions and make the experience even more valuable for everyone involved.

Please let us know your availability and preferences, and we will make all the necessary arrangements to ensure a seamless and enjoyable event for all participants. Please reach out to Sakina or Myself to start the arrangement process.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions or would like to discuss further details, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Charly Acevedo & Sakina Tayabally

Sakina Tayabally (She/Her)
Ph.D. Student | The Kaul Lab
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
staya003 at ucr.edu | staya003 at medsch.ucr.edu

Charly Acevedo Pronouns(He/Him/His/She)
Ph.D. Student
Dr. Declan McCole Laboratory
School of Medicine Graduate Student Representative|
BMSC Social Chair
University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Division of Biomedical Sciences
cacev029 at ucr.edu | cacev029 at medsch.ucr.edu