[Biomed_grad_faculty] Call for SOM TAships (BMSC Grad Students)

biomedsci biomedsci at medsch.ucr.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:42:06 PDT 2022

Dear Biomed Graduate Program Faculty,

The School of Medicine Medical Education Unit is the SOM unit offering TAships supporting the first year medical curriculum (MDCL231, 232, 233, 234, 235).  This year, there were relatively few applications for TAships. Only Biomedical Science PhD students who have successfully completed the first year graduate curriculum are qualified to TA these courses.

We believe that there may be financial need and/or educational benefit for some of your Biomed PhD students to participate in this year's TAship program.  Emails have gone out from the graduate program, but we know that you may have missed them. Therefore, I am sending out this announcement today encouraging you to discuss with your Biomedical Science PhD graduate students whether they would like to submit an application to TA this year.  If you and your student are interested, please reach out to Hermila Torres for the application form and return by Monday, July 11th. Graduate Program Director Seema Tiwari-Woodruff will also be reaching out to the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Students to alert them of these opportunities.

Thank you all for your engagement and support of our graduate students!

Monica

Sent from my iPhone

Monica J Carson, PhD

University of California Riverside