[Bgsa] bgsa seminar speaker candidates

Kathleen Foster kfost001 at ucr.edu
Sun Sep 30 14:02:21 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I wanted to remind you all, and those who were unable to attend the BGSA
meeting last Friday, that the graduate students get to invite a seminar
speaker later in the quarter.  We have funds to fly the person in so we are
looking for any big name in our fields that you would like to interact
with.  This is a great opportunity, so please put some thought into who you
might like to meet and email me with names, institutions, and major field
of research by this Wednesday October 3rd.  Once I have all the suggestions
in, I will pass them on to Tim and Brad who will eliminate any who have
visited UCR recently and then we will vote on the remaining candidates.  It
is important to do this quickly as the longer we wait, the more likely our
speaker of choice will have prior commitments that prevent him or her from
coming.

Thanks!

Kathleen

--