[Bgsa] Timing of the EEOBGSA meeting

Anne Jacobs ajaco005 at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:20:03 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

As you all know, the EEOBGSA meetings are usually held on the first
Friday of every quarter from noon to 1:00.  However, for Spring
quarter, there's a potential timing conflict.  One of the job search
candidates (Lara LaDage) is coming to interview on Thursday and Friday
of that week, and the search committee wanted to schedule her lunch
with the grad students at noon on Friday, April 6th.  Given this
timing conflict, they've asked if it would be possible to move the
EEOBGSA meeting earlier, say from 11-12 instead of 12-1.  Spring is
kind of an important meeting, since we talk about (among other things)
who to nominate for the officer positions next year.  I really want as
many people as possible to be able to come to this meeting.  Would you
guys be terribly inconvenienced if the meeting were moved?  If so,
please let me know ASAP, and if enough people have problems, we'll try
to work something else out.  Otherwise, I'll just go ahead and
schedule it an hour earlier.

Thanks!

Anne Jacobs