[Bgsa] Update on Behavioral Ecologist Job Search

Anne Jacobs ajaco005 at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:38:49 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on how the job search is
going.  We met this morning to discuss candidates and make a short
list.  We had 67 applicants total, and we were able to narrow it down
to 8-10 candidates that we would consider inviting for interviews.
We're going to contact these people and see if they're still available
and/or interested (some of them may well have accepted other offers by
now).  By the end of this process, we expect to invite four people for
interviews.  Once we have that final interview list, I will let you
know and I'll see about getting you guys access to the application
materials for the final candidates.  We should be able to get you CVs
for all the final candidates pretty easily; I'll see if we can get you
access to the teaching and research statements as well.  Letters of
Rec. are probably too confidential to be released.  If you have any
questions about the process, please feel free to ask.  Also, I'm
thinking of putting together a list of CV-formatting tips based on
what I've noticed reading all the CVs for these applications.  If you
guys express an interest in this, I'll get right on it.

Anne Jacobs