[Bgsa] Science Fair Expo

Brian Gray briang at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 25 13:11:27 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Please see the message below from Yamileth Shimojyo regarding the upcoming
science fair expo, which takes place this Saturday. If you're interested and
have some free time in the morning, the organizers could really use your
scientific expertise!

As always, if you do volunteer your time, please be sure to let Bre (
bharr002 at student.ucr.edu) and/or I (briang at ucr.edu) know so we can track
EEOB service hours.

Regards,
Brian

  ------------------------------
*
*

Greetings,

First of all, I would like to say “Thank you” to all who have contributed to
our annual Science Fair Expo. The event continues to grow and your
participation has made it a rich experience for all those attending.

We have had numerous stories from students who are attributing their success
to meeting and speaking with a professor, corresponding with them through
email, visiting their lab, or gaining experience from working in their lab.
We know that this event has made a difference and has allowed students to
increase the rigor and sophistication of their projects.

Please mark your calendars for October 29th, 2011. The event will again take
place. Note the new location: the Riverside County Office of Education, from
9am to 1pm. We are interested in: scientists, engineers, math/
statisticians, computer scientists, graduate students and post docs.

For logistical purposes, please confirm with us your attendance by emailing
Jocelyn Woods at jwoods at rcoe.us.

Please let her know

1.      If you can present on any of the following topics: Good Science
Projects, What is Good Science? Experimental Design, Engineering Process,
Data Analysis

2.      If you will be available to consult with students (parents and
teachers) and which specific time slots:

a.      9am – 10am

b.      10am – 11am

c.      11am – noon

d.      Noon – 1pm

3.      Your area of expertise

If you will be presenting, we will contact you regarding details.

Again, thank you for all of your support and contributions and we look
forward to having you make the 2011-2012 Science Fair Expo another success.

Best Regards,

Yamileth Shimojyo