[Bgsa] S&M Journal Club

Matthew Wolak matthew.wolak at email.ucr.edu
Mon Jun 13 18:17:55 PDT 2011

Dear all,

It has been some time since I last heard of the existence of a journal club
in the EEOB.  So, I have been thinking we should start one up.  My proposal
is to get together once every two weeks and talk about either *S*tatistical
techniques or *M*ethods (hence the tongue in cheek S&M subject line).  I
figure that most people in this program encounter some high fallutin' stats
at some point during their dissertation.  This could be  group to either
share neat techniques or get help understanding what the heck is going on
with others.  My hope is that this would act as some common ground for a
journal club, regardless of one's specific field of research.  Ultimately, I
think one can always benefit from increasing their awareness of the
different methods being used in EEOB fields of research.

So who would be interested?  Also, I do not plan on doing this entirely
sober...

Sincerely,
Matthew

--