[Bgsa] Outreach Events

Brian Gray briang at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 13 17:51:58 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to those who volunteered their time at the Granite Hill
Elementary School Science Fair! Your time and efforts are much appreciated!

There are two events coming up in early January. We hope you'll consider
taking part in one or both events.

*1) Hands-on Science Activities at the 32nd Naval Base in San Diego*
*
*
The 32nd Naval Base in San Diego is organizing a science event for the
children/families of deployed soldiers. The event takes place on January
14th from 11am-2pm. Organizers are asking for help with science
presentations, demos, exhibits, etc. If you're interested in presenting,
performing a demonstration, or creating an exhibit (perhaps showing off
some cool animals or the like), contact Deborah De La Riva, a graduate
student in entomology, at ddela005 at ucr.edu. A projector/screen and a
microphone are available if needed.

*2) Science Fairs judges needed - Bryant School of Arts & Innovation*

Bryant School (in downtown Riverside) needs judges for its science fair,
which takes place on January 11 between 8:30am and 1pm. Lunch is provided,
as are volunteer hour letters if requested. If you're interested, contact
Dr. Kathleen Bocian at kathleen.bocian at ucr.edu. You do not need to attend
for the entire time.

We will try to organize a carpool for this event. If you plan to attend and
need a ride/can provide a ride, please let Bre (bharr002 at ucr.edu) or I (
briang at ucr.edu) know as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration! As always, please let
either Bre or I know if you perform any outreach or service events so that
we may track departmental hours.

Have a restful and productive holiday break!

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian Gray