[Bgsa] Please do GSA vote so we can decide about travel grant funding!

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 20 17:28:03 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

Many of you will remember from the last EEOBGSA meeting that there was
some discussion of the travel grant.  Swanne explained that because
the university is no longer going to be giving us a large chunk of
money that up until now they have contributed to that program, there
will be much less money for the program next year unless we vote to
increase our fees slightly to cover that loss of funding.  If you
aren't familiar with it, the travel grant program is basically free
money to help people pay for going to conferences to present their
work (all you have to do to get it is fill out the application
correctly and get them the appropriate documents on time).  Our
graduate program benefits a lot from this.

Anyway, if you care about that program PLEASE VOTE in the GSA election
(see the link forwarded below) - typically there isn't enough turnout
for GSA elections to decide on things like this, so your vote could
make a big difference.  The polls are only open this week, so do this
now!  (It should take you all of 30 seconds.)

Carla