[Bgsa] Invitation to speak about body size

Sonia Diaz soniadiaz01 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:49:59 PDT 2010

Dear fellow grad students!

We wanted to extend an invitation to you to speak briefly (10-15 min) about
*body size evolution* on October 22nd.  We are trying to have someone
represent the various lines of inquiry represented in the department to fuel
an appreciation for integrative biology.

*Thus, if you have any interest in body size from your own research
perspective we would love to hear from you.*

A simple overview is what we are hoping for.  Any level of formality (slides
or chalk talk) is welcome and encouraged!  Currently we only
have representatives from sexual selection research and life history
evolution so this is particularly a call to Ecology and Physiology types!
However if anyone works in those areas and wants to talk to us it would be
excellent.  This is a great opportunity to beef up your CV, practice
talking, prepare for orals or simply just help fuel the movement to a new
era of departmental participation!

Thanks for your time and help.  We anticipate this being a fun and exciting
seminar.  This is our opportunity to kick off the new quarter, with post-doc
panels and Q and A type seminars, starting this week with 'how to give a
good talk'.  So come to seminar with your questions, hang-ups and pet-peeves
to talk about!

Teri and Sonia

--
Sonia Diaz