[Bgsa] Lunch Bunch Fall 2010

Sonia Diaz ortizs01 at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 1 11:05:45 PDT 2010

Dear All,

This quarter Teri and I will be organizing lunch bunch and we wanted to
point out some things. First and foremost, we are trying a different format
this quarter.  Specifically, we are trying to include some 'professional
development' type talks (giving a good talk, funding, paths in academia), a
few usual seminar style talks and a couple seminars with several short talks
by faculty on a single topic but from each of their different research
perspectives.  We are also trying to get more involvement from the
department.

Second, we hope that these topics will be of interest to you and that you
will help support this effort by attending regularly.  We, as graduate
students, are being given a chance to have more “say” on the organization of
the lunch bunch seminars.  In order to make this a success and hand this
opportunity down to future graduate students, we really need your
participation.

Lastly, we wanted to remind you that the first lunch bunch meeting of the
year will be this Friday, October 1st (TODAY).   As usual, the BGSA meeting,
will replace the regular lunch bunch meeting .  Lunch bunch seminars will
begin on Friday, October 8, 2010.

Thank you for your time and support,

Sincerely,

Sonia and Teri