[Bgsa] chance to meet with famous human evolution scientist on Thursday, 3:30-4:30

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon May 24 19:59:10 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

Our seminar speaker this week is Tim D. White (not our chancellor),
who studies human evolution and has made some important discoveries in
that field recently.  If you're interested in that subject at all, he
would be a great person to talk with.  So, instead of coffee half-hour
this week, Kim Hammond has scheduled Dr. White to meet with graduate
students from 3:30 to 4:30 (the seminar will be at 5:30 rather than
the usual time) in the Moore Room.  I'll bring some snacks and we can
have coffee and tea also if anyone wants it.  Please let me know if
you might be interested in coming (just so we can have an idea how
many people are going to come).

I may have more information on Tim White to send later, but in the
meantime, here is a link to his website:

http://ib.berkeley.edu/research/interests/research_profile.php?person=245

Also see the stuff Kim says about him below.

Cheers,

Carla