[Bgsa] Science Fairs

Brian Gray brian.gray at email.ucr.edu
Tue Feb 23 11:00:00 PST 2010

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Riverside
Unified School District Science and Engineering Fair.  Your
efforts helped make the event a tremendous success!

EEOBGSA awarded three prizes to students--two in elementary
school and one in middle school.  Many thanks to those who
contributed to the prize fund, as well as to the EEOBGSA at
large for its generous contribution.  Also, thank you to
Adrienne, who presented the prizes at the awards ceremony last
Thursday.

There are two more science fair opportunities coming up (see
below).  If you do attend, please let me know how long you
volunteer at each event--we're attempting to keep track of all
of the volunteer hours EEOBGSA contributes to the community.

Thanks for all of your help!

Regards,
Brian

Upcoming Science Fair Opportunities
1)Moreno Valley Unified School District Science Fair

When:  Wednesday, Feb. 24 from 5-7 pm;  dinner included
Vista Heights Middle School  23049 Old Lake Drive (off Pigeon
Pass Rd.)

For more information please contact Brad Hyman
(bhyman at ucr.edu)

2) Jurupa Unified School District Science Fair Judges Needed

>From Sherri Stewart:
"The Jurupa Unified School District is currently preparing for
our 24th Annual Science and Engineering Fair which will be
held on March 3-5, 2010 at Jurupa Valley High School , 10551
Bellegrave Avenue , Mira Loma.  This event is conducted to
recognize student achievement in science at each of the
district’s schools and to identify those outstanding projects
that will represent Jurupa Unified School District at the
Inland Science and Engineering Fair.

The judging process is a very important part of the event and
will take place on Thursday, March 4.  I would like to invite
you, along with anyone else you know who may be interested, to
voluntarily serve as a judge for this year’s District Science
Fair.

At 8:00 a.m. on March 4, there will be an orientation meeting
for the judges of the middle and senior projects.  During this
meeting the judging forms will be explained, the judging
assignments made, and questions you may have will be answered.
Then, judging of the middle and senior projects will begin at
8:30 a.m. and proceed until approximately 11:30 a.m.  The
student exhibitors will be present for interviews to help you
assess their achievement more accurately.

If you are unavailable on the morning of March 4, perhaps you,
or others from UCR, would be able to judge elementary projects
in the afternoon.  Since the elementary students are not
present for interviews, these projects may be judged anytime
before 5:00 p.m.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope that you will be
able to fit this worthwhile event into your busy schedule.

Sincerely,
Sherri Stewart
Education Services
(951) 360-4184