[Bgsa] Outreach Opportunity - RUSD Science & Engineering Fair

Brian Gray brian.gray at email.ucr.edu
Thu Feb 4 09:24:13 PST 2010

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to those who helped judge the science fair at
Granite Hills Elementary!  As usual, if you missed out,
there's another opportunity coming up soon.  The Riverside
Unified School District's Science and Engineering Fair will be
held here at UCR on February 17.

EEOBGSA will be sponsoring 1-2 prizes, which means we need 1)
to send a few judges (4-6 or so) to pick out winners for the
prizes and 2) prizes--if you're willing to donate a few
dollars or have suggestions for a prize, please let me know.
Last year, we collected $25 and awarded this as a cash prize
to a middle school student.  If you're interested in helping
out in any way, let me know as soon as possible.  Judging
should take 1-2 hours.

If you don't want to be part of the EEOBGSA judging panel, but
do want to volunteer some time at the fair, the biology
department needs student judges to help evaluate projects.  If
you're interested in this, contact Kim Hammond for more
information.

Thanks again for your time and energy!

Regards,
Brian