[Bgsa] Sign-up for a Grad Fest talk!

Anne Jacobs ajaco005 at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 7 18:34:44 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

Gradfest 2011 is coming, and we all know what that means.  It means
that this is your chance to represent the department by giving a talk
or a poster about your research.  If you’ve recently given a talk at a
meeting, have some exciting new data you want to share, or you just
want to have the chance to get feedback on your research from the
department, please consider signing up.

For those who are newer to gradfest (or have blocked it from their
memories), here’s a brief description of what’s expected.  Each talk
should be about 12-13 minutes with 2-3 minutes for questions and
transition time.  We are looking for speakers to fill 12 time slots
that are 15 minutes each.  Talks will start at 9:00 and finish at
12:15 with a 15-minute break from 10:30-10:45.  If you have a
preferred time slot, please let us know and we will do our best to
accommodate you (but also be aware that certain preferred times fill
up quickly).  For those who have posters they would like to present,
we’d be happy to see those too.  The poster session will occur after
lunch, from 12:45 until about 1:30.  During that time you will be
expected to stand by your poster to answer questions.

Once again, if you have a talk or a poster, please sign up by emailing
one of the gradfest organizers as soon as possible.  If you have any
questions, please feel free to email any one us:
Benny Goller: bgoll001 at student.ucr.edu
Anne Jacobs: ajaco005 at student.ucr.edu
Brooke Keeney: bkeen001 at ucr.edu

Anne Jacobs