[Bgsa] Bicycle racks

Senanu Pearson senanu.pearson at email.ucr.edu
Wed Aug 18 10:46:42 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Do you ride a bike to campus? Are you disappointed that we lost the bike
rack below Spieth in favor of a lousy rack that, in the winter, will be
in the rain? If so, please call Irma Henderson at TAPS. She's in charge
of the alternative transportation program and, while it sounds unlikely
that we'll get the nice "hanging triangle" bike rack back (there's a
campus-wide policy in favor of the "wave" racks), it may be possible to
convince her to put some racks back in the shelter of Spieth. When I
talked to her, she seemed receptive to the possibility that people would
be less likely to ride to campus (and more likely to drive) if they'd
have to leave their bikes in the rain all day.

Irma's number is 827-1060 (or x21060). The more people that call, the
more likely there is to be action.

Thanks,
Senanu