[Bgsa] suggestions for coffee half-hour?

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Mon Sep 28 15:46:10 PDT 2009

Dear fellow graduate students,

To make it easier for folks to organize coffee half-hour, I’d like to
put together a sheet of instructions/suggestions – especially how much
food to bring, how much coffee to make, and how to make the coffee
(for the many folks, like me, who don’t have a clue how much coffee to
put into the machine).  If you have done coffee half-hour before and
remember things like how much food people ate and how much coffee
people drank, or if you have opinions about the correct proportions of
coffee and water to put into the machine, I would be very grateful if
you could drop me a quick email to fill me in on this.

I would also be grateful for any other suggestions folks might have
about coffee half-hour, such as what kinds of coffee and tea might be
best – I do plan to get some caffeinated tea to put in the Moore Room
before we take over coffee half-hour next week, and was planning to
look for some fair trade, shade-grown coffee.  If there are some other
supplies that it might be nice to have on hand, like salsa, candy, or
other food that won’t go bad quickly, let me know.

Cheers,

Carla

--
Carla Essenberg